2 Day Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul
Short on time? Combine two of Turkey’s must-see highlights into 2-day tour, starting out from Istanbul and ending in Istanbul. See the travertine terraces of UNESCO-listed Pamukkale and explore the ancient city of Ephesus, as well as visiting the ruins of Hierapolis, the House of the Virgin Mary and Şirince village. This action-packed tour includes round trip domestic flight tickets, transfers and 4-star hotel accommodation in Kusadasi.
Early morning transfer to Istanbul Airport for flight to İzmir, birthplace of Homer. Meeting with your guide or driver at the Izmir Airport abd depart for Ephesus, one of the twelve cities of the Ionian League during the classical Greek period. Ephesus was also one of the “Seven Churches of Anatolia (Asia)” that are cited in the Book of Revelation.
Next we will visit to the old Greco-Roman city of Ephesus, Marble Street, Odeon, Bouleterion, Temple of Hadrian and Serapis, Agora, Library of Celsus, Great Theater, Double Church, Arcadian Way and the Gate of Magnesia. Perhaps most importantly, we will make a stop at the last abode of Virgin Mary at Mount Solmissos.
Day 1: Full-Day Ephesus Tour
Enjoy a delicious lunch at Selçuk and then see the İsabey Mosque, one of the oldest and most impressive works of architectural art remaining from the Anatolian Beyliks. Lastly we will visit the Ephesus Archaeological Museum and the Temple of Artemis, one of the “Seven Wonders of the Ancient World”. Dinner at hotel and overnight accommodation at 4-star hotel.
Day 2: Full-Day Pamukkale Tour
The following day we will drive to Pamukkale (Cotton Castle), a beautiful and spectacular natural site near Denizli, unique in the world. Thermal spring waters have carved this fantastic formation of stalactites. Thermal waters have been used since Roman times for their therapeutic powers. Situated on the plateau are both the thermal center with its motels, thermal pools and ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis. Monument on this side includes the ancient thermal baths which have been restored and converted into an archaeological museum.
• Airport transfer from Istanbul Ataturk Airport
• Domestic flight from Istanbul to Izmir and Izmir to Istanbul
• 1 night in Kusadasi including breakfast
• All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
• Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking coach
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch, (D) dinner
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
What’s Not Included:
• Personal expenses
• You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fees to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. as Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.